Manchester Leathermen takes the privacy of its members very seriously. We appreciate that not all of our members are “out” as leathermen and we will endeavour to never abuse the trust our members put in us.
References in this statement to Manchester Leathermen or MLM should be taken to cover both the Club and Manchester Leathermen Ltd.
Collection, storage and use of personal information
We collect personal information when you become a member, sign up for our newsletter, buy a ticket for Manchester Leather Weekend, or become a volunteer with us. We store this securely, using commercial cloud services based in the EU or in the USA. Services based in the USA are covered by the
EU-US Privacy Shield
We are allowed to collect and use your personal information because you have formed a contract with us, because you have actively given consent, or for legitimate purposes connected to MLM’s business.
We only collect that information which we absolutely require to run MLM and our events.
- Contact Information
- Date of birth (to ensure members are of legal adult age in the UK)
We do not collect any sensitive or “special category” personal information. In particular, we do not collect information on your racial or ethnic origin; health; sexual orientation; or sex life.
How long we keep this information
- Membership information is held for six months following termination of membership.
- Newsletter subscription information is held for as long as you want to receive the newsletter. You may unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time using the link in the email.
- Information collected for other purposes is typically held for three years.
Third Party services
We use commercial cloud services to run MLM’s business. In particular, we draw your attention to the following services.
- Mailchimp is used for the Newsletter and has its own
- TicketTailor.com is our ticketing partner for Manchester Leather Weekend and has its own
Payments to Manchester Leathermen are handled on our behalf by PayPal. We do not see, receive, or hold your payment card information.
How we will not use your information
We will not use or disclose personal information of our members in any other way, except where required to by law enforcement agencies.
Using our website
You should note the following:
Cookies may be placed on your computer to collect anonymised information on visitor behaviour. You can adjust the settings of your browser to not allow cookies, or delete them. See
www.aboutcookies.org.uk for more information on cookies.
- We do not use third-party analytics on our website. However, we cannot prevent third party services such as Facebook or Google from knowing you have visited our website.
Access to your information
You have a legal right of access to the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to have a copy,
send us an email
. You can ask us to remove or correct information about you that you believe is inaccurate.
Photography at events
Please be aware that we often have a volunteer photographer at our events and the photos will be published in our Facebook group and other social media channels we operate. Individuals will not be identified in these photos. If you not wish to appear in the photographs, please advise the photographer. We will remove any photo you appear in on request.